[mythtv-users] avidemux2 command line? nuv -->> DVD

James Meyer james.meyer at operamail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:58:05 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 14:12, Geoff at Hundekeandroyal dot com wrote:
> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
> >> Looks like this relies on transcode, and transcode only works with
> >> mpeg2-based nuv files.  If you're poor like me and don't have one of
> >> those fancy cards, it doesn't do any good.  ;)
>
> So, do I understand this right?  Using a PVR-*50 card, you are creating
> MPEG2 files that are just named *.nuv.  The MPEG2 is not actually
> dropped into the nuv container.  So, when not using an encoding card,
> but using software encoding, you get a true nuv file...?
>
> > Oops, I'm wrong on this.  it uses nuvexport.  heh.  Really should
> > integrate all of these myth-related transcoding tools (like into
> > mythtranscode -- one source, and C code, to get all of this info).
> >
> > -Chris
>
> Since it uses nuvexport, won't is support nuv files that come from
> software encoding?
>
> I'm still confused as to whether or not this add-on would work and
> accomplish the same tasks as the parent poster described.
>
> My former assertion still stands...I'm no expert.  Adjust flames
> accordingly ;)
>
> Geoff

Just to clear up the nuv2disc question (extras.mythtvtalk.com) here's how it works
It was designed to be used with mpeg hardware encoders but it will work with software encoders.  Basic flow includes

- the program will sort through all your recordings marking them as mpeg/nonmeg
- If you have non-mpeg recordings you have the option to use nuvexport to convert them to mpeg.
- MPEG files can be select from a list and then placed on a dvd.  Full title and chapter support is included.
    Myth  cutlists are only honored when using nuvexport
-A DVD structure is created on disk, and you have the option to preview with xine before burning to disk
-Burn to disk

KVCD support follows the same flow, minus the chapter/title support.

hope this clears things up.

-jm