[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv, nvidia and tvout

Stephen Atkins atkinss at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 13 21:18:16 EDT 2004

Hello all.  I just wanted to post some of my config files in hopes that it helps
others.  Not everyone will get these benifits.  I'm using nvidia's drivers so
this won't help those with other cards.  Here is my hardware so you have a base
to go by:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
Vid: FX5200 (VGA/TV/DVI outs)
CPU: Athlon 2500+
HD: 2x30Gig (video), 1x6Gig (as boot/os)
TV: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000XP Delux, ATI TV Wonder Pro (cx88) (with usb remote)
(doesn't currently work under myth).
Mem: 512Megs DDR

Some notes on Myth: I've updated the database adding kerneldeint to the video
filters because I don't have a keyboard on the machine so I need to ssh to it
and can't edit words in the setup screens.  I've also clicked on Jitter
reduction and A/V sync.  Thats about the only special things I have set in Myth.
I've attached my XF86Config and .nvidia-settings-rc files.  As you can tell I'm
runing at 640x480.  This is the best setup I've had so far and I've tried alot
of different options.  If any one has any ways to improve this that would be
great.  If it helps someone get a better system going then send $1.00 to Happy
Guy 123 Evergreen Terace Springfield...

Stephen

--XF86Config
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/"
	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "record"	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "dbe"
#	Load  "dri"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "xtrap"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "speedo"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	#DisplaySize	  350   260	# mm
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "KDS"
	ModelName    "ions VS-190i"
	Option	    "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "TV"
	HorizSync 30-60
	VertRefresh 50-120
	DisplaySize 160 120
#	ModeLine "640x480" 28.325 640 680 739 898 400 444 472 525
#	ModeLine "640x440" 27.180 640 704 763 862 440 500 510 252
#	ModeLine "640x480" 27.180 640 704 763 862 480 500 510 568
#	Mode "NTSCi"
#	     DotClock 14.31818
#	     HTimings 600 728 792 896
#	     VTimings 400 444 452 526
#	     Flags "Interlace"
#	EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### [arg]: arg optional
	Option	    "NvAGP" "2"
	Option	    "NoLogo" "True"
	#Option	    "NoRenderExtension"
	#Option	    "UBB"
	#Option	    "NoFlip"
	#Option	    "DigitalVibrance"
	#Option	    "Dac8Bit"
	Option	    "Overlay" "True"
	#Option	    "CIOverlay" "True"
	#Option	    "TransparentIndex"
	Option	    "OverlayDefaultVisual" "True"
	#Option	    "SWCursor"
	#Option	    "HWCursor"
	#Option	    "CursorShadow"
	Option	    "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
	Option	    "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
	Option	    "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
	Option	    "TVOverScan" "0.0"

	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
	BoardName   "Unknown Board"
	BusID       "PCI:2:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Card0"
	Monitor    "TV"
	DefaultDepth 24
	DefaultFbbpp 32

	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		FbBpp	  32
		Modes	  "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option	     "BlankTime" 	"0"
	Option	     "StandbyTime" 	"0"
	Option	     "OffTime"	    	"0"
	Option	     "SuspendTime"	"0"
	Option	     "NoPM"		"True"
EndSection

--.nvidia-settings-rc
#
# /root/.nvidia-settings-rc
#
# Configuration file for nvidia-settings - the NVIDIA X Server Settings utility
# Generated on Sat Jul  3 12:22:03 2004
#

# ConfigProperties:

ToolTips = Yes