[mythtv-users] Re: Any reason for PVR-350 over 250?

Ben Buxton mythtv at ml.cactii.net
Tue Jul 13 03:43:26 EDT 2004

Darryl Okahata <darrylo at soco.agilent.com> uttered the following thing:
> John Smith <john_smith_45678 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > So, any reason(s) to choose a pvr-350 instead of a
> > pvr-250?
>
>      The reasons aren't much:
>
> * The PVR-350's TV output is known to of "high quality".  The TV-out of
>   video cards seem to vary widely in quality.  If you can find a video
>   card that gives high-quality TV-out, then this reason (to get a
>   PVR-350) is nullified.

Regarding this comment, yes, I have to say that video cards vary widely
in their TV out picture quality.

I used to run with an old Matrox G450 and the TV out was very muddy. Now
I've got an Nvidia Geforce MX440 and the video output quality is superb
- very little difference between that and the TV's own tuner.

BB