[mythtv-users] Re: DVB suppport in 2.4 and ATrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 12 22:02:53 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:27:38AM +1000, Berry, David wrote:
> >Yep, Axel builds DVB kernel modules for FC1 also.
> >http://atrpms.net/dist/fc1/linux-dvb/
>
> Thanks - for my case I'm assuming I need this to install the module:
>
> kernel-module-linuxtv-dvb-2.4.22-1.2197.nptl-1.1.1-4.rhfc1.at.athlon.rpm
> ( I couldn't see a nptl_51 athlon package)

It's two rpms below the one you quote ;)

> And this for the actual kernel (AMD 2400+)
>
> kernel-2.4.22-1.2197.nptl_51.rhfc1.at.athlon.rpm
>

> > When I install mythTV from ATrpms - will I need to recompile it to
> > include DVB support within Myth ?
>
> >Not certain... I don't think support is included by default, but the
> >necessary
> >switches are in the spec file. Anyone else know what's necessary?
>
> Sorry for the question - but where's the spec file, is that the
> setting.pro file that needs editing ?

spec file is part of the src.rpm and/or published separately at
http://ATrpms.net/name/<foo>/. settings.pro is a file in the mythtv
sources. When epxanding the src.rpm or the upstream tarball, you will
find it in the main folder.

For experimenting with new settings I suggest to _not_ use the rpms,
so that you have a direct access to the sources (i.e. use the rpms for
all build requirements, but not for the rpm you would have to
modify). When you'll have it going you can get to packaging and please
submit the package back to ATrpms. Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net