[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder Pro

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jul 12 15:42:03 EDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 12:13, Nathan Richardson wrote:
> I'm trying to decide whether to go with a dual PVR-250 setup or a
> dual-Brooktree card setup with a box I'm building in an ASUS Pundit.
> Since the Pundit has only 2 pci slots, I can't use a second sound card
> for the audio - if I don't go with the 250, any card I get HAS to have
> btaudio support (as I understand it).
>
> Anyway, I've seen the ATI TV Wonder listed most places as a
> btaudio-compliant card - is the same true for the ATI TV-Wonder Pro?
> I'm inclined to think NO, since it appears to have some Conexant chip
> instead of the bt878, but according to the mythtv.info wiki here:
>
> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/HardWare_2fVideoCaptureCards
>
> It is supposed to work.
>
> Does anyone know for sure whether this card will work with btaudio?

New revisions of that card use the Conexant cx2388x chipset in place of the
bt878. (btw, the bt878 is technically also a Conexant chipset -- they bought
Brooktree years ago). Anything in a new box at the store is likely to have
the new chipset, which does work marginally with the still-very-alpha-quality
cx88 driver. Not well enough that I'd want such a card in my Myth box.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...