[mythtv-users] Re: Yet another noobie sanity check ;-)

DTR dtr at edenforge.com
Mon Jul 12 09:11:02 EDT 2004

I went with a Shuttle SN41G2V2 which has the newer ICE cooling unit.  I
took out the stock 80mm fan and replaced it with a vantec stealth fan.
The only other moving parts in there are the hard drive which is a
seagate barracuda 200g (pretty quiet as far as HDs go) and the optical
drive.   I used the onboard MX-400 for video and it does the job.
Processor is an athlon mobile 2500+ so I can run it at low voltage and
not worry about cooking my components.  Overall its a very quiet/cool
machine that looks good enough to sit next to my other stereo components
and those were the goals I set out with.

--
DTR