[mythtv-users] HELP - Wrong desktop size with latest nVidia driver.

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jul 12 05:52:08 EDT 2004

I am having problems with the latest version of the nVidia driver. I did a
fresh load of Fedora Core 1 following Jarod's guide and everything works
fine until I load the new nvidia drivers. Once I start up the driver using
the custom modeline I developed for my hdtv (which worked fine in the older
43XX driver) my monitor starts displaying a small scrollable window onto a
large virtual desktop. I found an interesting piece over at Linux Forums
about using a fake clone second display to fix the problem but so far no
joy.

Has anyone seen this before and more importantly how do I fix it? I have a
working 1080i modeline I want to play with :)

Bill