[mythtv-users] Problem with DVB setup and 0.15.1

Fred Donelly fdonelly at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 10 00:21:37 EDT 2004

Not sure where to start looking, I recently built a new MythTV box on Fedora Core 2, P4 1.8, 865PE board, 512MB and GF4MX .  I'm using DVB-T using a Nova-T.  I recompiled the kernel with 2.6.7 to enable the frontend as it's not compiled in the RH kernels.

The backend seems to crash all the time when getting accessed by the frontend.  If I don't touch have the frontend going it's fine but it seems to crash randomly when watching recorded TV.  This mostly happens when starting or exiting the recording, but has happened during playback once.

Where should I start looking to work out where it's going wrong?  My old Fedora Core 1, Mythtv 0.14 box didn't seem to have these problems and if it wasn't for the fact the old P3 couldn't keep up I wish I hadn't wiped it.....

Thanks for all the good work and the great app.
-Fred