[mythtv-users] Re: Nvidia TVout problem

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 9 16:56:28 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 01:10:30PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 12:30, fweebles at cerebellum.salem.nexgengaming.com
> wrote:
> > Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > >I would give the 4363 drivers a try. Could also be that your TV just
> > > doesn't like the modes you're feeding it, and maybe you need a custom
> > > one...
> >
> > Hmm...apparently I don't have the kernel module installed for 4363 to work
> > with the newest ATrpms kernel -- it appears to have installed another
> > (older) version of the kernel that doesn't have support for anything (XFS,
> > my ethernet card, other things).  So I guess I'll have to recompile my
> > options back into that older kernel to try 4363.
> Waugh! I hadn't noticed that there are no more 4363 kernel modules on
> ATrpms... Axel, can we keep building the 4363 ones for at least a little
> while longer? I know more than a few people have had little issues here and
> there with the new ones...

There is no intention to remove them, although I would wish that
finally an nvidia driver will superseed all prior ones :(

# apt-cache policy nvidia-graphics4363
  Installed: 1:1.0_4363-59.rhfc1.at
  Candidate: 1:1.0_4363-59.rhfc1.at
  Version Table:
     1:1.0_4363-59.rhfc1.at 0
        996 http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386/at-stable pkglist

Note that for some FC2 kernels kernel-module-nvidia-graphics4363 does
not exists, more precisely there is no kernel-module-nvidia-graphics4363
for 4kstacks kernels, e.g. all Red Hat FC2 kernels. But there are such
kernel modules for ATrpms' 8kstacks kernel at

Perhaps you saw that

only has the 6106 driver? Otherwise something is borked, point me to
the broken part so I can fix it.

BTW x86_64 users should check

Yes, I split the nvidia drivers into quite a lot of subfolders to have
users less to choose from (for example there are still 305 kernel
module rpms alone in /nvidia-graphics-8kstacks/).
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net