[mythtv-users] IVTV and Gentoo

Harlan harlanb at emsmail.net
Fri Jul 9 01:52:19 EDT 2004

Hello,
  I've been trying to get IVTV working with Gentoo.  I followed the
instructions in the Wiki:
  - I emerged gentoo-sources which gave me:  linux-2.4.26-gentoo-r3
  - I followed the kernel configuration instructions.  I did the kernel
configs in order.  I ran into problems when I tried to configure "Character
devices: I2C support: I2C mainboard interfaces: y".  This never comes up as
an option for me.

  What am I missing????!!!!!

I have previously tried to follow Jarod's guide, without any success.  I get
to the point of loading the module "modprobe ivtv" and the entire system
hangs - doesn't crash, just hangs.  I have to press the reset, or power off
the system, to get everything working again.

I really would appreciate some help, other than "use a different
distribution".

Thanks for your time and attention,

Harlan...