[mythtv-users] MythMusic won't start

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Thu Jul 8 18:41:19 EDT 2004

> Does anyone know how to solve this problem with MythMusic?  I have MythTV
> and Mythweb working together well.  I built and installed
> mythmusic, and the
> icon shows in the mythfrontend system.
>
> But I get this in the log console:
>
> Unable to initialize plugin 'mythmusic'.
> Unable to run plugin 'mythmusic': not initialized
> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZNK9QGLWidget9classNameEv
>
> I saw something in the archive about running 'ldconfig', and I did run
> ldconfig (without arguments), but I didn't get any change in behavior.
>
> What is the key to this problem?
>
> thanks!
> JD

Since this post, I've recompiled mythmusic without OpenGL enabled.  OpenGL
is installed and working in my system, but mythmusic fails when it is
compiled with it.

After compiling mythmusic without OpenGL, it works fine.....

Is MythMusic OpenGL version dependent? I used the OpenGL that is bundled
with the Gentoo package of XFree86 Version 4.3.0.1

JD