[mythtv-users] Controlling the overscan on a PVR350

Michael Petres michael221 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:27:10 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am using a PVR350 and output X to the tv as well using the ivtvdev X
driver. I would like to reduce the amount of overscan that X window is using
itself. I know how to set overscan amount inside myth but no values there
help me with the issues of excessive overscan, i.e. some stuff is hanging
off the left/right side of the screen. In all I am loosing way too many
pixels for overscan, more than 50 horizontally...

In the XF86Config-4 file the X-Screen size is set to 720x480, but I see no
setting for the overscan amount.

Is this an issue for the IVTV folks perhaps? Any help is appreciated.