[mythtv-users] Re: EFF calls for developers for MythTV

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Thu Jul 8 17:40:54 EDT 2004

At 9:50 PM -0700 7/7/04, Cecil Watson wrote:
>Wendy Seltzer wrote:
>>Our hope is to work with folks here to identify and solve current
>>problems with HDTV setup, and to help enhance guides like Jarod's
>>and builds like KnoppMyth to make the system easier for a newcomer
>>to install.  At the same time, we expect our effort to contribute
>>to the overall Myth project and help other Myth setups too.
>>
>With the current release of KnoppMyth, all one has to do is install
>the kernel w/ pcHDTV support.  The next release will have pcHDTV
>support in the default kernel.

Sounds great!  Is there anything we (EFF) can do to help you get to
the next release?  Do you have a list of recommended hardware for the
KnoppMyth install?

Thanks!
--Wendy
<http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/>
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com || wendy at eff.org
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html