[mythtv-users] Re: Quality of recordings degraded

Jeff mythtv at maniclogic.org
Thu Jul 8 00:52:14 EDT 2004

Quoting mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org:

> I am not sure which IVTV version I am using. Is there an easy way to check?
> I am using whatever versions comes with the latest KnoppMyth distribution.
>
> I will try the line you mentioned below. Do I need to run that line only
> once or every time the problem occurs? Do I need to add that line to a boot
> up script so it runs anytime the system is rebooted or does running that
> command once make the change permanent?
>
> What does the line do by the way?
>
> Thank you for the help!

The line changes the tuner input on the card which *magically* resets something.
 I have a change channel script driving my satellite receiver so I added a call
to another script which does this.  I'm using the RCA.pl script to change
channels, right after the call to change channels, but before the script exits,
I added:

system "/usr/bin/reset250.sh"

which is the script that contains:

/usr/bin/test_ioctl -p 0
/usr/bin/test_ioctl -p 6

The first line sets the input to the 250 tuner and the second line sets the
input back to the 250 S-Video (which I normally use).  Make sure that your
permissions are correct, etc.

HTH