[mythtv-users] Re: EFF calls for developers for MythTV

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 7 13:36:52 EDT 2004

> Which Myth has.  Though I don't think it'd help in this case.
> Incidently why are you chaing the colume in Myth?  Are you using
> powered speakers connected to your PC or something?  I always assumed
> folks used the line out on their card to hook to a tuner or their TV.

My living room system (an Asus Pundit) is connected directly to a
'straight' power-amplifier (with only a preset volume control) so I use
the audio functions of the Pundit's mixer to control volume.

Neither the 17" monitor I use (for daylight viewing), nor the good old
Sharp LCD beamer (for  big screen evening viewing), has a usable audio
amplifier. A good set of speakers (connected to a decent amplifier) will
always sound better than built in speakers in a TV or monitor.

Gert