[mythtv-users] What are my realistic expections with pvr250 and P3 600Mhz?

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Wed Jul 7 12:08:08 EDT 2004

Hi Kelly,

* Kelly <cayenne at cayennecomputing.com>, Wednesday, July 7, 2004, 3:15:27 AM:

> When watching live tv, I get this skipping and pausing of video and
> audio...this is at 480x480.
I have two pvr350 at 720*576 with a p3-933 and can watch both
simultaneously with picture-in-pircture with no problems.

Did you enable commercial-detection or are you running filters for
deinterlacing or something?
> I can get to near skip free at 320x480....but, occasionally the picture
> 'tears'....

> I've got a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x
> P3 600 Mhz Pentium
> Haupauge PVR 250
> Audigy2 sound card
> 256 M RAM

> Gentoo Linux, 2.6.5 kernel with KDE 3.2
why kde? wouldn't something smaller be enough? like some
{open,flux,black}box, or evilwm or something?

 Timo