[mythtv-users] MythTV jumps back to beginning of the show (Bug?)

Josh Dalcher mythtv at dalcher.com
Tue Jul 6 23:30:21 EDT 2004

------ Original Message -----
From: "aaron" <aiperl at rogers.com>
To: "J. Scott" <jscott at oddpost.com>; "Discussion about mythtv"
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV jumps back to beginning of the show
(Bug?)

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:11:33 -0700 (PDT) spake J. of:
>
> > Anyway, when I try to skip forward in a program that is still recording,
> > MythTV will occasionally throw me back to the very beginning of the
program.
> > I then have to skip all the way through the program to get back to where
> > was, and I'll occasionally get thrown back to the beginning a second
time.

> I see this too. Not nearly as often since I built my dedicated box with
faster
> processor.... for me it seemed related to dropped frames, though I haven't
> been able to prove it. I see this both with in-progress recordings and
already
> recorded stuff.
>
> I seem to recall there was a discussion about this a while back, and it
had
> something to do with... I dunno, the position indicator jumping wildly or
> something... I didn't fully understand.... maybe something about the
framerate
> not being 30 fps?
>
> I haven't been bothered by it much since I got a processor fast enough to
not
> drop frames. :)
>
> aaron

This happens to me some of the time and I have an Athlon 2400, with
Hauppauge PVR-350.  That should be enough to keep the framerate from being
an issue.  It sometimes happens for me when attempting to commercial skip,
other times when just fast forwarding around in a program.  I'm using the
most current apt packages.