[mythtv-users] Strange artifacts with PVR-250

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Jul 6 21:50:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:28:50PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> I just switched my MythTV unit from an ancient WinTV PCI card (which
> required software encoding to MJPEG) to the awesome PVR-250.
>
> However, now I am noticing two strange artifacts:
>
>  * About once every 2 minutes, a black line about 10 pixels wide
>    will vertically on the left side of the screen for about 1/10 of a
>    second.  Sometimes I it will do this several times in a row,
>    separated by a few seconds.

[ snip ]

> I can't finger any of the common culprits here.  My sound set up is
> fine and I can play my older MJPEG files with no problem.  The system

Looks like I got this part wrong.  When I play old MJPEG files on the
host machine, the lines are visible.  When I play then on a frontend on
a different machine, they are not.  It appears that somehow the PVR-250
is interfering with playback of old files, even though it has nothing
whatsoever to do with them.

Ideas on this weird problem would be most welcome! :-)