[mythtv-users] TV-out overlay placement wrong on S3 Savage/MX

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Tue Jul 6 21:18:10 EDT 2004

Replying to myself as someone else browsing the list later may find this
useful..

The misplacement of the overlay has to do with the way the hardware tries to
centre the small 640x480 image on the lcd screen. It appears it uses the
same offset for the overlay even when outputting to the tv-out.

The fix I used was to leave the screen resolution at 1024x768, open
mythfrontend setup and set the GUI size to 640x480 and turn on "tv display
same size as GUI". This results in the myth GUI and TV Playback both fitting
nearly perfectly on my tv screen.

Now on to building a IR receiver so I can put this machine in the
livingroom. Hopefully that'll improve the WAF sufficiently to increase my
budget for a proper frontend machine. :-)