[mythtv-users] Multiple Recievers

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Jul 6 15:04:43 EDT 2004

Tristan Zajonc wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to set up a box that records a large number of TV channels
>24/7.  I understand that I'll need multiple TV receivers to do this.
>To start my goal is 5 simultaneous channels.  Does anybody have
>hardware recommendations for this?  TV cards, external vs. PCI, CPU
>power etc...
>
>Help is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure people will recommend PVR-250 cards for recording.  One thing
to remember about Myth is that you don't need to pack them all into one
box (and you will probably have bus problems recording that many shows
at once on one system anyways).   Instead build 5 lightweight boxes each
with a PVR-250 in it.  The PVR-250 does all the encoding in hardware so
your CPU can be very inexpensive.

Kevin