[mythtv-users] Backend crash with current CVS

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jul 6 13:39:28 EDT 2004

> Over the weekend I upgraded my CVS snapshot (usually I do that once a
> week), and this latest upgrade resulted in a crashing backend.  What's
> really odd, though, is compiling DEBUG and using gdb couldn't grab a

When is "over the weekend".  That's a 48-72 hour period depending on
whether you mean Sat/Sun or Friday night to Monday night since in the U.S.
a lot of people had 3-day weeknds.

I've been running the CVS that included all my commflag changes up until
last night without problems.  I have seen rare backend crashes but they
have been occuring for me occasionally since I upgraded my main system
around 0.15 so I think they are unrelated to my commflag changes.

I did do a fairly big commit last night, so if you can get a gdb
backtrace that is related to that, then let me know.

> After one recording finished, and another recording was starting
> (back-to-back programs; it was a Twilight Zone marathon after all...),
> the backend would segfault right after starting the second recording.

I think others have mentioned something like this before prior to the
commflag changes, but if you can get gdb to show where it's happening
that would help.

--

Chris