[mythtv-users] new hardware project - need some advices

Yhan yhan26 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 10:25:32 EDT 2004

 Hi Guys

Well, first of all, I fed up to fight against my small hardware (PII-400, 256 Megs Ram + PVR-250)

My disk is dying, thus it is time for changes !!!

I wonder is the following hardware will be well supported with knoppmyth :

Motherboard : ASRock K7S41 (http://www.asrock.com/product/product_k7s41.htm)
Or Asus  A7N8X-X  (http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-x/overview.htm#)
CPU : Athlon XP 2500+
Video Card : ASUS AGP GF4 V9180 440MX-8X 64M MAG OEM
Memory : 512 Megs
HD 200 Gb

My main concern is about the compatibilty for the motherboard and the video card. I would like to run mythtv only on a single box. For sure too, I would like to be able to send the output to the television.

Thanks in advance

Yhan