[mythtv-users] RE: Suggestions for Updates to Jarods Guide

Graham W. Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Jul 6 09:33:05 EDT 2004

> That ain't good...

Tell me about it... Thankfully they're still under warranty, so I can get them swapped out.

> Never, ever, reinstall!

I try not too.. but apt-get was complaining that it couldn't find some rpmlibs, and since it was a new install, and suspecting that I am going to be having some other issues, I thought I'd start fresh and end up with a clean system.

> Not your typical install (the Windows domain stuff),

Probably not.. then again, there are probably more than a few geeks running MSExchange etc at home... (sad, aren't I).

> There do seem to be quite a few folks with multi-card systems these days

It seems to be... I've got a couple of PVR250s and a WinTV in mine. It's not the easiest job getting them all set up - even tho I've been thru the setup several times.

> catching up at work post-office-move

Oh, I hear you.... We did a count up of all the projects we have to complete between now and the end of September.  We somehow need to find an extra 1500 man hours between now and then, and considering there are only really 2 of us that can do project work, it's going to be interesting....:)

> This applies pretty much equally to FC1

Thanks... I did a search on the RH site, and couldn't come up with anything. My myth box is eventually going back into the basement, and it would be nice to be able to automate the next (re)install of it (at least to the point of the OS being right, and having telnet enabled).

Thanks again for all the help and the good work on the guide.

Graham