[mythtv-users] Re: EFF calls for developers for MythTV

Pete Davis myth at petedavis.net
Tue Jul 6 07:12:24 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Gabriele" <jasongabriele at yahoo.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 9:54 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: EFF calls for developers for MythTV

> i can see what they are talking about. maybe a dumbed down version of
> mythtv with all the advanced options removed.

[snip]

I didn't get that impression at all. My impression was that they wanted a
simple installation that didn't require a lot of maintenance and maybe
making some of the other functionality a bit easier to use.

Really, I think what would help satisfy this is maybe a Myth TV linux
distribution that simply went through and asked whatever questions it needed
to ask and tried to auto-detect everything else, installed and was ready to
go, without the user ever having to know anything about Linux.

I think if you could get it down to where it was simply, run the distro
install, answer some questions, and presto, you're up and running, that
would be an amazing feat and would really bring MythTV to the masses.

Pete