[mythtv-users] Re: New nVidia driver

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jul 6 05:32:16 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:44:05AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Just back from a much-needed vacation, catching up on the list...

> >>Easiest way is to wait for Axel to make rpm's available over at ATRPM
> >>and
> >>then installe them as usual. Should be done in the next few days.
> >
> >They are already there.
> >
> >What has to be done exactly?
>
> # apt-get install kernel-module-nvidia-graphics6106-`uname -r`
> # apt-get install nvidia-graphics6106
>
> >There is the normal NVidia RPM and the kernel module RPM installed. Do
> >they both have to be upgraded?
>
> Both.
>
> >Should the old RPMs be uninstalled first?
>
> Not necessary. Install the new one and run

There is one rpm that is conflicting by design accros driver versions,
which is the -devel rpm (e.g. you cannot have multiple headers files
at the sam location, and there is no nice diversion method like for
libraries). But noone ever installs this rpm anyway ;)

> # init 3
> # nvidia-graphics-switch 6106
> # reboot

You could try init 5 instead of the reboot. At least I never found a
reboot neccessary on my hardware, but that may differ (in doubt:
reboot ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net