[mythtv-users] SN41G2 sound nightmares

Wouter Lagerweij wouter at lagerweij.com
Tue Jul 6 02:18:32 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 09:33 +1200, David Zanetti wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Ian Wells wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 05:17:20PM +0200, Wouter Lagerweij wrote:
> [can't get line-in to switch from being surround-out]
> > Ta.  I thought I'd got these sorted right, but I can compare amixer
> > output directly now, which might reveal that I'm being thick. ;-)
> > Alternatively, it could simply be that these switches don't work
> > properly on Shuttle hardware - which would be irritating.
>
> I have an SN41G2 as well, and despite lots of switch fiddling in ALSA (the
> obvious one, along with everything else I could see), failed to get
> line-in to be line-in.
>
> In the end, I got a twin RCA back panel thing from a local electronics
> store, and wired that to the CD-in connector on the board. Worked well.

You're right, it doesn't seem to be alsa related at all. A quick google
just found me these threads:
http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.cfm?catid=43&threadid=60044 and
http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.cfm?catid=43&threadid=35486&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=2

Where a lot of people have the same problems with the shuttle line-in
(in windows). Some have fixed it in the same way as you did, some with
combinations of BIOS and driver and mainboard switches.

Wouter
--
Wouter Lagerweij <wouter at lagerweij.com>