[mythtv-users] We don't need no stinking surveys!

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Mon Jul 5 20:28:56 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

> > My concern is once they get us all hooked, in a year or two they
> > slap on a monthly fee. You can see it coming...
I can see where your comming from, but you seem to think that they
should provide you with something for free.  The dot bomb days are
over.  If they want/need to charge a fee to make this all happen, they
are well within their right.  It's called capitalism.  They have
something we want, we pay them, they give it to us.  Right now, our
"payment" is in the form of fillingout a survey. </soapbox>

>  And risk all of us going back to screen scraping? It's unlikely.
>  We're too small of a group to produce much profit, and the diminished
>  bandwidth costs from no more screen scraping, along with the data
>  they will gather from future surveys, far outweighs what profit they
>  might make.

I concur.

-dan

--
Pinky, Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get latex gloves, a
swimming pool filled with vaseline and a herd of yaks at THIS time of night?