[mythtv-users] Newbie question about channels

Jim Kannengieser jimk at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jul 5 18:49:33 EDT 2004

Hi. I joined this list because Iım thinking of building a MythTV box for my
home entertainment center. Before I jump into the deep end, I thought I
would ask a question whose answer might seem obvious to experienced MythTV
users, but isnıt so clear cut to me.

I subscribe to digital cable and have almost well over 125 channels. Most of
the TV tuner cards Iıve seen support 125 channels. Does it mean that if I
use one of these cards, I will only have access to the first 125 channels in
my lineup? Or can I use my cable box and change channels on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim