[mythtv-users] Why playback a bit smaller than Myth GUI?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Jul 5 16:44:12 EDT 2004

HI!

Using NVidia TV-out.

I have overscan in XF86Config configured so that the Myth GUI fills the
TV screen nicely (GUI is a bit bigger actually).

When I play back a recording then the size of the video is a bit smaller
than the TV screen, so it does not fill it entirely.

I have not configured any overscan settings within Myth (everything is
0), use GUI size for playback is off.

I am recording at 720x576 (PVR-250) and my X screen has 720x576.

If I configure the overscan settings in Myth (+1% or +2%) then the video
fills the TV screen, but then it does scaling, right?

Why does the Myth GUI fill the screen and video playback does not?

Thanks!

Thomas