[mythtv-users] RE: nvidia new drivers hdtv/interlacing, any benefit for us non HDTV people?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Jul 5 16:33:37 EDT 2004

HI!

Isaac Richards wrote:

>>OK, then please can someone explain to me, why a 720x576 video captured
>>interlaced looks perfect when played back with the PVR-350 TV-out and
>>looks blurry when played back to an NVideo TV-out at 800x600?
>
> Well, for one, the pvr-350's displaying at 720x576, not 800x600.  Why would
> you be selecting a resolution that causes the card to scale the video?

Good question. I guess, I just used one example configuration that I found.

I changed it now from 800x600 non-interlaced to 720x576 interlaced. It's
a little bit sharper now, I guess, but that was to be suspected because
of no scaling anymore. I see now some interlace effects more clear also.
So I am using kerneldeint now.

But also background motion is more smooth now. I don't know why, but
this really helped for that.

Thanks!

Thomas