[mythtv-users] Problem with long descriptions

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jul 5 11:30:32 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Charlie Brej wrote:

> Francois Gouget wrote:
> > I configured tv_grab_fr to retrieve the descriptions for the French
> > programs. However now I have the problem that some of these descriptions
> > are pretty long and push the recording options down the screen,
> > sometimes way past the end of the screen :-(
>
> This is solved in the CVS version where the description gets clipped
> down to fit in an area. The scrolling is a good idea though. Or even
> menu option to read the description in a scrollable full screen.

Great! I'll hope for a quick release of 0.16 then<g>.
And if the scrolling idea can get integrated then that's even better.

I forgot to mention in my original email but I must really thank all the
MythTV team for all their work so far. Having started on a 4MHz Z80 with
64KB or RAM, a 320x200x16 screen and 'beep-beep' sound, the capabilities
of today's computers are mind-blowing and MythTV is one of the
applications that best shows them off. It also puts something concrete
behing the 'digital convergence' buzzword and that's very exciting.

            Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
       That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.