[mythtv-users] Yet another noobie sanity check ;-)

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Jul 5 09:26:54 EDT 2004

HI!

Stephen Tait wrote:

> Personally, I consider these temperatures unacceptably high for a system
> that's going to be on all the time. The Aria is a very cramped case, and
> IIRC those old Athlon TBreds kick out a fair bit more heat than the
> newer and higher performing Bartons.

Hmm, my system will get also that high in summer. And I have a normal
desktop case with 2 case fans and a power supply with 2 fans. GeForce
FX5200 without fan, 2 Hauppauge, 1 7200rpm HD, Celeron 2.6 with Zalman
cooler.

In spring, I have 41 celsius board temperature, in summer I have 49. CPU
from 49 to 56. This is when idle!

Thomas