[mythtv-users] RE: nvidia new drivers hdtv/interlacing, any benefit for us non HDTV people?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Jul 4 17:24:51 EDT 2004

HI!

Bruce Markey wrote:

>> I'd like someone to confirm that interlacing modes
>> truly have no effect on tv-out.

[...]

> The issues of aligning the image or de-interlacing the image
> if it cannot be aligned are exactly the same for tv-out with
> the 4363 driver and tv-out for the 6105 driver.

OK, then please can someone explain to me, why a 720x576 video captured
interlaced looks perfect when played back with the PVR-350 TV-out and
looks blurry when played back to an NVideo TV-out at 800x600?

What does the PVR-350 different or what can be done to improve the
NVidia output?

Thanks!

Thomas