[mythtv-users] shift/ctrl/alt + key keybindings (usb remote)

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 11:06:07 EDT 2004

Does it present itself to the OS as a proper USB HID device? HID devices
are meant to work out of the box (you need kernel support for it).

You can use the hotkeys and/or xmodmap to edit and define what different
keypresses do. If you want to know what keyboard codes your remote is
using, try sing xmodmap in "scan" mode. Key presses should present
themselves as a 3-digit code.