[mythtv-users] OT: Why are people using Outlook etc. (was: Can'tget remote control to work right)

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 19:39:57 EDT 2004

Who changes the staples? The users could get hurt...

We have a similar policy instituted here, the difference the IT group
breaks stuff on us, and we have to hack around it to fix it. You should
have seen the look on the VP's face when his laptop (hooked to the
projector) was rebooted by SMS to apply a patch *during a customer
presentation*. Twice.

They are so busy policing us they haven't got the time to keep DNS
running it seems...

(ok done venting).

Tim