[mythtv-users] Multiple Frontends / Backends

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Jul 1 09:34:49 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:22:48PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> In testing out this configuration, I found it's pretty easy to be able
> to watch recorded programs.  However, I can't seem to be able to watch
> live TV no matter what; it says all inputs are in use.  Also, the
> program guide data is blank (it says I should run mythfilldatabase, but
> that's already being run on the master server and works there; why
> should I run it here?)

I figured out the problem here.  Somehow, when I reran mythtv-setup on
the master server to change the IP from 127.0.0.1 to its real IP, it
blew away all my input and lineup settings.  Fixed that and could then
watch it.

But I'm still unsure about scenario 2 below -- also, which hard drive
would things be stored on: the master server or the slave server?