[mythtv-users] Can't get remote control to work right

Andy Long aslong at uark.edu
Thu Jul 1 00:54:40 EDT 2004

I am having major trouble getting my remote control to work right.  I am
using the grey PVR-250 remote and set it up according to Jarod's guide
http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#lirc  I am also using the
configuration file he provided for that remote.  I am using Fedora Core 1,
MythTV 0.15.1

My problem is that the buttons on the remote don't do what they should
(before anyone asks, I'm aware that some button, such as volume, are
different with his config file), because there is NO WAY for me to change
the channel, at all...period.  Whenever I hit channel up or channel down, it
just brings up an onscreen display at the bottom that says "0:00 mins
minutes" and then the video gets choppy.  None of the number inputs work to
change the channels either.  They do different things (espcially in the
Program Guide), but not input a number.  In the program guide, if I hit
"Select" all I can get is recording options (yes, I have selected the
checkbox in the Setup -> TV -> Program Guide that says to change channels
rather than bring up the record dialogue).  Even they keyboard is worthless
and generally causes the same problems.  I am getting signal to go into the
box (I can mute and stuff like that), but it is not doing anything close to
what it should.  Any ideas?