[mythtv-users] Re: playing MPEG2 file?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Jan 30 14:41:03 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 30.01.2004 schrieb martin north um 17:09:
> > You can use 'mythtv %s' as videoplayer command for mpeg1/2 files. Mythtv
> > will then play them just like a recorded show using whatever h/w decoder
> > you use for TV. I use it this way with the pvr350's decoder.
>
> ah..that is a better idea. Is it possible to setup mythvideo such that .mpg
> files use 'mythtv %s' as the player and all other files (.avi etc.) use
> 'mplayer ...' ? I can only see a "VideoDefaultPlayer" setting in the
> database rather than an option to use different players for different
> formats ?

Yes, you can set a player by extension, so mythtv for .mpg .mpeg and
.dat and whatever for the rest. BTW, mythtv also plays divx, so you
could use it as default player. Don't know how it handles ac3 though, my
pvr doesn't like it :-)

Ah, yes, the setting's in the configure-mythvideo-file types menu.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough