[mythtv-users] PVR-250 slightly fuzzy picture?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Jan 30 11:47:10 EST 2004

	Unfortunately, I've tried it with all combinations with no success.
All I can say is it seems fishy.  I can definately make it *worse* by setting
dnr_spatial to something higher like 8 or 16.  It seems like it's exactly the
problem (if there is one)... maybe set it negative... ;)

	Also, just FYI, I've also tried it with the saturation turned down to
zero to get just the B&W luminance info.  I wanted to make sure it wasn't the
colors blowing out the image... basically the same thing.  I can capture
effectively 400x480-ish quality.

	I'm using the released 0.1.9 of ivtv.  Perhaps cvs, or maybe post to
that group as well?

Thanks all for the suggestions, though,
-Cory

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Andrew Dodd wrote:

> Quoting papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu:
>
> > 	Unfortunately, it's not a tvout issue.  Using exactly the same setup,
> > watching a DivX or DVD movie results in a very sharp picture.
> >
> > 	I wonder if it's because it's a rev1?  Maybe firmware?  I dunno... no
> > artifacts, just as though dnr_spatial is turned up (even though it says 0)
> is dnr_mode set to 3?  (Full manual?)
>
> Otherwise I believe dnr_spatial and dnr_temporal are ignored.  dnr_mode=0 is
> "automatic" mode for both spatial and temporal.

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*
* 						(Just my 20 USm$)	*