[mythtv-users] playing MPEG2 file?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Jan 30 10:29:59 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 15:11, martin north wrote:
> if i wanted to play one of my own MPEG2 files through mythtv, is it a simple
> matter of moving the .mpg file into the relevant directory and renaming it
> as a .nuv file?? Or is there a bit more to it than that???

You'd need the database entry do play it via the recorded shows menu.

> (yea i know i can use mythvideo, but i want put it through mythfrontend so i
> can use my EPIA CLE266 mpeg decoder).

You can use 'mythtv %s' as videoplayer command for mpeg1/2 files. Mythtv
will then play them just like a recorded show using whatever h/w decoder
you use for TV. I use it this way with the pvr350's decoder.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough