[mythtv-users] redhat 9.1 and mythtv lockup trouble

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Jan 30 00:07:43 EST 2004

On Jan 29, 2004, at 17:28, Joe MacDonald wrote:

> Redhat 9.1?

He asks, Randy, because there is no such thing as Redhat 9.1. Red Hat
Linux 9, yes, but never a Redhat 9.1 release...

> What king of hardware are you running?
>
> This sounds like it could possibly be a network card driver/hardware
> issue. I have this before where a highly active connection to a NIC
> can cause the system to freeze up.

Also double-check that DMA is enabled on your hard drive.

> I would try a different network card.

I'd check DMA on the HD first, since it costs nothing, unless you
already own a spare NIC. ;-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...