[mythtv-users] PVR250 tuner

GML Myth gklopez at metacrawler.com
Thu Jan 29 20:25:54 EST 2004

   I am having the opposite issue because I have connected the
computer to an external receiver, DirecTV.  How do I keep my PVR 250
on channel 4 (or 3 in my case)?  I don't have a transceiver set-up
with my computer to change channels on the DTV receiver.  For now, I
am changing channels directly on my DirecTV receiver.
   I have gotten MythTV to run (I can watch tv), but I cannot record
TV.  Everytime I try to schedule a recording, myth changes the tuner
(PVR-20) to XX channel and ends up recording snow/static.  Once that
happens, I end up re-running mythtvsetup, redoing /sbin/modprobe in
root because for some reason I lose sound, log-out, log-in as mythtv
user, and I re-start mythfrontend.  How do I set up mythtv so that it
does not change the PVR-tuner (keeps it on channel 3) so that I can
watch TV or record TV?  I would like myth to think that it changed
the channel to channel 12, 231, 292, 360 etc without actually doing
so.

Help, anyone.

Thanks