[mythtv-users] Re: UK TV Listings source - bleb.org

Andrew Flegg andrew at bleb.org
Thu Jan 29 10:14:40 EST 2004

[Cross posted to mythtv-users and tvdevel]

Adam Wood wrote in mythtv-users:

> Has anyone stepped up to take a look at this yet? If so, who should I be
> directing my offerings of help towards?

Hi, as the guy running bleb.org I know a couple of people are looking at
- or at least talking about it.

It might be worth dropping by my mailing list - details at the bottom of
http://www.bleb.org/tv/ - and seeing if anyone's seriously working on it
yet.

As I say in the message Mark links to, ideally I'd like to see a
transcoder/translator or similar I could host on bleb.org which, through
a web interface, would make the XML needed available in an easily
downloadable bundle. For example, you specify:

    * Channels (eg. bbc1, bbc2, itv1)
    * Days (eg. -1, 0, 1, 2)
    * Format (eg. "bleb" XML, XMLTV)
    * Compression (eg. zip, tar.gz/bz2)

Then the XMLTV grabber (`tv_grab_uk_bleb' or whatever) can do something like:

    BASE='http://bleb.org/tv/data/listings'
    CHANNELS='bbc1,bbc2,itv1'
    DAYS='6'
    FORMAT='xmltv'
    FILE='zip'

    wget -U "bleb.org XMLTV grabber, author:foo at wibble.snarf" \
         '$BASE?channels=$CHANNELS&days=$DAYS&format=$FORMAT&file=$FILE'

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew at bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/