[mythtv-users] Re: motherboard selection

martin north martin at chipsandpeas.com
Thu Jan 29 10:39:38 EST 2004

Nick Breau writes:

> I'm looking at building a myth box using a via epia board... If I'm using a pvr-250 tuner what would be the cheapest/low-cost via epia board I could get away with ? Are there any other micro mobo's that have everything built in like the via epia ?
>
> thansk,
> Nick.

The EPIA-M6000 (although the EPIA-M II is now out which has the addition of
a PCIMCIA/CF slot at the back).

The M6000 board has the MPEG2 hardware decoder and the advantage of having a
passively cooled CPU on board, which means it is nice and quiet.

If you are planning to do a lot of Divx/MPEG4 stuff through you really
should get the more powerful M10000 (although it is a fan cooled CPU)