[mythtv-users] Excellent quality TVOUT from almost any video card

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Jan 29 10:03:10 EST 2004

	Hrm... I didn't see this when I was looking into this problem.  I'm a
bit suspicious of this, only because I find it hard to believe one can sell a
scan converter for this little.  I suspect inside it's probably a chip
comparable to the AD724 converter, but they only grab every other line.  This
would remove the flicker problem (not mentioned at all), but only give you 240
lines... so at best your resolution would be 1024x240.  If it'd work with an
NTSC standard mode (interlaced at 30 Hz), that'd be great, but from reading it
looks like it only works at 60 Hz.

	Feel free to correct me... it'd be really great to get this for a price
like that.

-Cory

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Tim Gray wrote:

> It really doesn't matter, by the time you build it you
> will spend more than $50.00 in time and parts.
>
> Just buy a grandtech GEZ-1000. tiger direct has them
> for $41.00 and I get fantastic TV out and SVIDEO out
> at the 800X600 resolution.
>
> I have built 5 freevo's and now 2 Mythtv's and that's
> the ONLY vga to ntsc converter I will use. I even have
> a $500.00 one here at work that is no better than this
> $41.00 unit.
>

> --- "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 January 2004 12:19,
> > papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu wrote:
> > > 	I ordered free samples from them, but I don't
> > really want to post
> > > that to the newsgroup.
> >
> > Ummm... you just did :-)
> >
> > -JAC