[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup: step 3 never ends (hours later)

Emmanuel Hislen hislen at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 27 01:41:03 EST 2004

Hi,

I am in the process of installing MythTV, following Jarod's very helpful
HOWTO.

Everything went smoothly up to the moment of running mythtvsetup.

I mean I've been able to capture both video and sound and replay both with
mplayer. I thought nothing could stop me after this :-)

Now I start mythtvsetup:

step 1: I leave everything default as I have everything on the same machine
(I only set /var/lib/mythtv and /var/cache/mythtv)
step 2: I select my card (PVR-350), I don't know what to answer to default
video input, I try " S-Video 0" (to many choices available, my card only has
2 inputs: tuner or S-video).
step 3: I select my zip code (Bay area), and the "DirecTV San Francisco"
("DirecTV USA" was also available, haven't tried that one yet).

Now I'm back to the main screen and I've been waiting for 2 hours. I still
can't go to step 4, no menu is highlighted :-(.

Now I already tried yesterday and it ran the whole night. Now I'm beginnig
to think something is wrong...

- Is it possible that I answered a question incorrectly in step 2, and it
would cause this?
- Do I just have to be really patient
- Is there a way to run mythtvsetup in command line, I mean I'd like to be
able to get an xterm to see if something is going on or not ?

I hope some of you went thgough this already and will be able to give me
some light.

Thanks,

Emmanuel.