[mythtv-users] Radio remote for myth

Bob Bulloch bbulloch at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 28 22:04:20 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Stuart Hodges wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I have my mythtv box (using PVR-350) in the basement with a
radioshack
> modulator set to channel 100 and a low pass filter, to filter out the
cable
> static over 86. So I have myth on any TV in the house. The problem is
> control.
>
> 	I am presently using mythfrontend via X display from the machine
in the
> basement. But thats not working well with myth over 0.13 and its not a
good
> long term solution.
>
> 	So has anyone tried a radio remote ? I have an X10 remote, but I
don't really
> know where to start,
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 		Stuart

I've been quite happy with the ATI remote that a prior poster mentioned.
The ati_remote module works well. I had to edit xf86config to get the
mouse support to work. You need to create a xmodmap file that re-maps
the keystrokes to the right functions (there was one posted earlier that
I used - only did some minor editing). Then set up a shell script that
calls xmodmap to set keystrokes for myth, then mythfrontend, then
xmodmap again to re-set the keystrokes to their default after myth
closes.

I keep the myth box in my basement utility room, feed a s-video cable
through to the tv-room, and the remote controls it through the wall.

If you wish to see the xf86config and xmodmap listings, let me know.

Bob