[mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Wed Jan 28 19:45:25 EST 2004

Tuxrace is hardly  major issue, no????
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 7:32 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] The REAL test of Myth

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 09:58 pm, Matt Hannan wrote:
> So, does MythTV pass the ever dreaded Spouse Test?
>
> I showed mine what I am trying to do and she seemed interested,
> especially at the ease of use frontend. But I do not yet have it up
> and running, so I am just wondering if I should even bother!
>
> I will be migrating off of a Win-box running the ATI MMC 8.8...which
> leaves her cold.
>
> Just wondering.
> Matt

whole family totally sold here.  they are not techies either.  Wife can
barely run a computer.  The KEY, I think was making the Myth box
dedicated, and automating as much as possible.  IE, if there's a
problem, it just gets
rebooted, and boots up right into Myth.  the biggest problems so far
have
been when my kid drops out of Myth and starts playing tuxracer.  I'd
take the
games off, but it's the only box in the house that plays tuxracer well.