[mythtv-users] State of mythfrontend on XBOX?

Jeff Noxon jeff-mythtv at planetfall.com
Wed Jan 28 15:26:40 EST 2004

Would someone mind summarizing the current usability state of mythfrontend
on xbox-linux?

I have two TSOP-flashed xboxes and would be interested in running
frontends on them.   I am an expert at both Linux and xbox mods.  However,
I have not yet *installed* Debian or Gentoo on an xbox.  I've just booted
demo CD's and used Linux to run raincoat.

If I recall from months past, there were issues with the xbox not being
fast enough to play back MPEG2 as captured by a PVR250.  I believe
it was speculated that motion compensation support would fix that.
Is that still an issue?

Thanks,

Jeff