[mythtv-users] Question about nforce2 MB

Preston Crow pc-mythtv at crowcastle.net
Wed Jan 28 14:17:10 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 13:37, Philip J. Morrison, Jr. wrote:
> While building my mythtv box I encountered so many errors I actually
> reverted to Windows XP for a moment to check out some performance issues.
> XP shows the processor as AMD 1800+ 1.4Ghz instead of the 2400+ 2Ghz!!!
> Could they have sent me the wrong chip or should I check some jumpers on the
> motherboard?

Check the memory speed.  If you have the bus set to the wrong speed, it
will run the processor at the wrong speed.  That should be a BIOS
setting (it was for me).  With my BIOS, you set the speed to half what
you would expect to use (e.g., 166MHz instead of 333MHz).

I had that problem initially (only was running too fast).

--PC